Cinnamon Rolls with Cream Cheese Glaze
Servings: 12 rolls
1/3 cup warm water
1 pack dry yeast
6 tbsp unsalted butter, melted
½ cup granulated sugar
¾ cup milk, room temperature
2 tbsp canola oil
2 eggs, room temperature
1 tsp baking powder
4 cups all-purpose flour + for dusting
¾ cup light brown sugar
¾ tsp cinnamon powder
½ cup unsalted butter, melted
For Cream Cheese Glaze
4-ounce cream cheese, soften
½ cup unsalted butter, soften
1 cup powdered sugar
½ cup milk
1. Make the dough; combine warm water and dry yeast in a measuring cup, give a quick mix. Set aside to bloom and foamy for 5-10 minutes.
2. Transfer bloomed yeast to a cleaned large size bowl. Add in butter, sugar, milk, oil, and eggs. Mix using hand mixer until just combined, for 1 minute.
3. Add in baking powder and half of the flour. Mix until combined and make sure to scrape the side of the bowl with a spatula. Mix in the other half of the flour and mix again until mixture is well-combined.
4. Transfer dough to cleaned surface, dust hands and surface with flour and start kneading the dough adding in up to ¼ cup more flour if needed. Knead for 2-3 minutes or until the dough is elastic and smooth and can be formed into a bowl.
5. Transfer dough into a greased large bowl, covered with plastic wrap. Set the oven to 85°F Fermentation mode. Place the dough in the oven for 60 minutes or until the dough is doubled in size.
6. While dough is rising, prepare the filling; Mix cinnamon powder and light brown sugar in a small bowl. Mix well. Set aside.
7. Once the dough is doubled in size, transfer to lightly-floured surface. Start flatten the dough using your hands or rolling pin to 13”x 8” rectangle (it doesn’t have to be exact).
8. Brush melted butter all over the dough, then sprinkle brown sugar cinnamon mixture.
9. Starting on the long end, roll up the dough tightly. Once it’s rolled up, cut to 12 equal pieces ( 1 ½ inch each). Place in a greased baking pan. Cover with plastic wrap or a lid.
10. Set oven to Fermentation mode to 85°F, place the rolls in the oven and let rise again for 40 minutes. Take it out from the oven and set aside, still covered.
11. Set oven to Preheat (Grill) mode for 350°F. Once it’s heated, turn oven to Convection mode to 350°F and bake for 18 minutes, uncovered.
12. While rolls are cooking, prepare glaze; beat softened cream cheese with a hand mixer until creamy. Mix in butter, sugar, and milk, beat again until smooth and silky.
13. When cinnamon rolls are done, let cool for 2 minutes and pour on the glaze. Serve warm!
1. if the yeast doesn’t bloom, do not continue. This will not work.
2. The dough will be a little sticky when formed into a ball, do not tempted to add more flour. The dough should be soft and very elastic.
3. The baking time can vary - it could take from 18-25 minutes based on the size of the rolls, oven, and types of pan. Start checking at 18 minutes. The top should look golden brown.
*Subscribe below for recipe updates.