Classic Beef Nachos with Pico de Gallo
½ lb. ground beef
1-2 tbsp taco seasonings
1 cup Mexican cheese blend
1 bag tortilla chips
1 tomato, small diced
¼ cup coriander, minced
2 tbsp onion, minced
1 tsp lime juice
1-2 Jalapeno, sliced
2 tbsp vegetable oil
Pinch of salt & pepper
1. Make the pico de gallo by adding tomato, coriander, onion, lime juice, salt, and pepper in a small bowl. Stir well and sit in the fridge until needed.
2. Preheat the steam oven to 350°F using Preheat (Grill) mode.
3. Meanwhile heat oil in a medium pan over medium high-heat. Add in ground beef, stir constantly to break down the meat. After meat is browned, add in taco seasoning. Reduce the heat to low and cook for about 5-6 minutes or until all the liquid is evaporated. Taste the beef to see if you need more seasonings. Remove from heat.
4. After the oven is heated, set the steam oven to Convection mode 350°F.
5. Lay tortilla chips in a single layer on a baking tray. Top chips with cooked beef and cheese. Bake in the oven for about 4-5 minutes, just until the cheese is all melted. Remove from the oven.
6. Top nachos with pico de gallo, jalapeno, sour cream, and more coriander. Enjoy immediately.
*Subscribe below for recipe updates.