Shredded Coconut Ghoriba Cookies
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. butter, softened
- 1 heaping tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- ⅓ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup powdered sugar (for coating)
- 2 ¾ cups (1 package) shredded coconut flakes
- Preheat the steam oven to 350°F using the Preheat (Grill) mode. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Place powdered sugar in a small bowl and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients, mix until smooth and sticky.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop dough about 1-oz of dough from the bowl and form into a ball. Roll ball in powdered sugar and place on baking sheet.
- Press round balls down to make slightly flat, but don't flatten them completely.
- Set the Convection mode for 350°F and bake for 15 minutes until the cookies are cracked and firm on the outside. Let cool for 10 minutes on a baking sheet before serving.
*Subscribe for Recipe Updates