Southern Beef Stew
Servings: 2-3 portions
½ lb. chuck roast, frozen
1 large size russet potato, cut to bite size 1-inch
2 pcs carrot, sliced
1 canned peas, 15 ounce
4 cloves garlic, minced
½ cup onion, minced
¼ cup all-purpose flour
5 tbsp unsalted butter
¼ cup canned crushed tomato
2 tbsp BBQ sauce
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
½ tsp thyme
½ tsp oregano
2 cups water
Oil for sauté
Pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar
1. Set steam oven to Defrost Mode to 130°F. Put frozen chuck roast into a baking tray, defrost for 20-30 minutes depends on the thickness of the chuck. Once it’s defrosted, cut to bite size (1-inch). Set aside.
2. Set steam oven to Preheat (Steaming) Mode to 210°F.
3. Season chuck roast with salt, pepper, and flour. Toss to coat. Heat oil in a large size pan over medium heat. Add in chuck cubes and pan-fried until beef is browned all sides and no pink visible. Transfer to the medium size oven glass bowl.
4. Using the same pan, melt butter to sauté onion and garlic until translucent and fragrant for about 2 minutes. Remove from heat and transfer to the glass bowl with chuck roast.
5. Add potato, carrot, crushed tomato, BBQ sauce, Worcestershire, thyme, oregano, water, salt, pepper, and sugar to the glass bowl. Give a quick stir.
6. Set steam oven to Steam Mode to 230°F. Steam for 2 hours to 2 hours 15 minutes or until beef, potato and carrot is cooked thoroughly. Add in canned peas and taste to see if need more salt, pepper, and sugar. Steam again for another 5 minutes. Remove from oven and enjoy with slice of bread and grated cheese of your choice.
*Subscribe below for recipe updates.