Spicy Honey-BBQ Wings
Servings: 4 wings
- For Wings
4 pcs chicken wings, 5 ounce each
1 tsp smoked paprika powder
1 tbsp garlic powder
1 tsp onion powder
Pinch of salt & pepper
Oil for drizzling
- For Sauce
½ cup ketchup
1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
¼ cup honey
½ tsp mustard
1-2 tbsp hot sauce
¼ cup water
Pinch of salt & pepper, if desired
1-2 tbsp light brown sugar (optional)
1. Preheat steam oven to 375°F using Preheat (Grill) mode. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
2. Rub wings with all seasoning powder then drizzle some oil. Chill in the fridge until needed.
3. Once the oven is ready, set to Convection mode to 375°F and bake the wings for about 30 minutes or until inner chicken temperature is 165°F, turning once.
4. While waiting for the chicken to cook, prepare the sauce by adding all sauce ingredients (except brown sugar) to a small sauce pan. Bring to boil over medium-high heat while stirring constantly. Reduce heat to low and let simmer for 17-20 minutes or until sauce is thickened (ketchup-like texture). Make sure to give it a stir once in a while to prevent sauce sticking to the bottom. Taste to see if you need more salt, pepper, or brown sugar. Turn off heat and set aside.
5. Once chicken is cooked, carefully brush the sauce all over the wings and place them back in the oven for another 5 minutes. Enjoy!
1. Add brown sugar if you prefer sweet sauce, start by adding 1 tbsp.
2. Add more mustard if you prefer tangy BBQ sauce.
*Subscribe below for recipe updates.