Steamed Chocolate Pudding
- 3 oz (85g) unsalted butter, softened
- 5 oz (140g) caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tbsp. cocoa powder
- 4 tbsp. milk
- 1 tsp. vanilla essence
- 6 oz (170g) self-rising flour
- Ice cream (optional)
- Preheat the steam oven to 200°F using the Preheat (Steam) mode. Grease your pudding pan with butter and set aside.
- Place the soft butter and sugar into the bowl of an electric mixer and mix until pale and creamy. Add the egg, milk, vanilla essence and mix well.
- Sift the self-raising flour and cocoa powder into a small bowl, then add to the mixture and combine well.
- Pour the mixture into the buttered pudding pan, leaving a 1 inch gap at the top.
- Set the Steam mode for 210°F and steam for 40 minutes. Once cooked, remove from the oven and serve with ice cream.
*Subscribe for Recipe Updates