Tomato and Basil Baked Tilapia
2 pcs Tilapia fillet, 4 ounce each
1 cup grape tomato
1 clove shallot, minced
2 cloves garlic, minced
¼ cup chicken broth
2 tbsp butter
¼ cup fresh basil, minced
1 tbsp lemon juice
Pinch of salt, pepper, and sugar
2 tbsp olive oil, for drizzling
1. Preheat steam oven to 400°F using the Preheat (Grill) mode. Grease a casserole dish with a little bit of oil.
2. Rub fish with lemon juice, salt and pepper. Transfer to casserole dish and chill in the fridge until needed.
3. Heat oil in a medium size pot over medium high heat. Add in shallot and garlic, sauté until fragrant for about 3-4 minutes. Add in grape tomato, chicken broth, basil, salt, pepper, and sugar. Crush tomatoes with spatula one by one then simmer for 8-10 minutes.
4. Do a taste test, add more salt, pepper, and sugar if desired. After you’re happy with the taste, remove pot from heat. Add in butter and stir to combine.
5. Once oven is heated, set on Grill mode to 400°F and bake the fish for 10 minutes.
6. Once the fish is cooked, take it out from the oven and pour the tomato basil sauce over the fish. Put back in the oven for 2 minutes. Remove from oven then garnish with more basil leaves.
1. Feel free to use any herbs of your choice, such as coriander, parsley, rosemary, etc.
2. Enjoy with rice, pasta, or even couscous.